Sweet Potato Sabzi Recipe – an easy-to-cook dry vegetable (sabzi) recipe
Sweet potato sabzi is a very healthy recipe, given the nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes. It can be cooked in a jiff when you do not have much time to spare. If you want to consume this dish for fast (vrat), then avoid adding mustard seeds and use rock salt instead of normal salt.
We have shared a variety of sweet potato recipes that you can try, like –
You can serve this Sweet Potato Sabzi with rotis or parathas and any dal.
If you are looking for more vrat/fasting recipes, do have a look at our recipes like –
Sama ke Chawal ki Kheer
Dates, Nuts and Fig Rolls
Vrat ki Kadhi
Sama Chawal Pulao
Sweet Potato Sabzi
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes washed, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch round slices
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 broken dry red chili deseeded (can use green chilli also)
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds/rai
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida/hing
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ teaspoon coriander/dhaniya powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- salt to taste
- small bunch of coriander leaves chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on a medium flame. Add dry red chilli and mustard seeds. Once mustard seeds crackles, then add jeera and hing. You may also add green chillies.
- Then add sweet potato slices and mix well. Cover and cook on a low-medium flame for 10 minutes. Open the lid and stir after 5 minutes.
- Then add salt, turmeric powder, dhaniya powder and jeera powder. Mix well, cover and cook on a low-medium flame for 10 minutes or until it gets completely done. Open the lid and stir after 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame. In the end, sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on it.
- You can serve this Sweet Potato Sabzi with rotis or parathas and any dal.
Leave a Reply