Chocolate Barfi | How to make chocolate burfi from milk powder – quick and easy-to-make milk powder barfi recipe that requires just 5 ingredients
This milk powder chocolate barfi (or you may also spell it as barfee or burfi), is the latest addition to our list of chocolaty sweets. Just be a little careful while making this barfi, as you need to cook this barfi mixture on a low flame stirring continuously to avoid any lumps. We have garnished the barfi with chopped pistachios. But if you prefer more chocolaty taste, you may decorate it with chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles.
We have shared many traditional sweets recipes with a twist of chocolate; like –
Do have a look at our other Sweets/Desserts Recipes –
Chocolate Barfi | How to make chocolate burfi from milk powder
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ cup milk powder (or 100 grams)
- 1.5 tablespoon ghee
- ¼ cup milk (or 50 ml)
- 1.5 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Heat a non-stick pan on low flame and add ghee. Once it slightly melts, add milk.
- Now add milk powder and stir well to avoid lumps. Once the mixture gets combined well, add sugar and cocoa powder.
- Keep stirring on a low flame. You will notice that the mixture has started to thicken.
- Once it leaves the sides of the pan, switch off the flame.
- Grease a small tin with ghee and line it with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture to the greased pan.
- Tap 2-3 times to level. Garnish with chopped pistachios or any nuts of your choice,
- Cool at room temperature and let it set. If you want, you can then transfer it to the refrigerator to quicken the process.
- Once set, cut in square shape. Chocolate Barfi is ready.