Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand Recipe
Shrikhand is one of the easiest sweets to make. It is also very hassle-free and quick; provided we are ready with the hung curd. Once hung curd/chakka is ready, then it hardly takes 5-10 minutes to assemble everything. So if you have guests coming over, you just have to tie the curd in advance. Once that is handy then you don’t need to worry about the preparation of sweet/dessert anymore and can focus on main course and starters.
We are sharing the recipe for Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand. This is also the most versatile recipe, and you can always have your version of it. Kesar-elaichi is the traditional one, but you can add chopped nuts, your favourite fruits, anjeer (figs), choice is all yours. We have also shared the recipe for Mango Shrikhand.
Do have a look at our other Sweets/Desserts Recipes –
Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 cups curd/dahi/yogurt thick and fresh
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom/elaichi powder
- pinch of saffron soaked in 1 teaspoon milk
- Put a strainer on a bowl and arrange cloth over it.
- Put curd in cloth and tie its edges. Refrigerate for atleast 3-4 hours.
- Soak pinch of saffron in about 1 teaspoon warm milk and keep aside for about 20-25 minutes.
- After 3-4 hours, all the excess water from the curd would have collected in the bowl. Squeeze out all the remaining excess water and transfer the curd to a wide bowl.
- Whisk well with the help of a beater. Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and saffron soaked milk. Stir well.
- Serve this delectable kesar elaichi shrikhand chilled or at room temperature.