A very simple chutney recipe made from fresh red chillies. It can be made with very few basic ingredients and can be stored for months. This chutney requires only 4 ingredients and can be made easily. The only time required is the soaking time of fresh red chillies.
Addition of sugar and lime juice gives a sweet and tangy flavour to this chutney. Enjoy it with any of your favourite snacks. It will surely enhance its taste and flavour.
Serve and enjoy this sweet and spicy chutney with our yummy snacks & paratha recipes like Doodhi na Muthia, Methi Thepla, Cabbage Onion Parathas, Beetroot Masala Sandwich, Cheesy Aloo Parathas and Instant Rava Uttapam.
Fresh Red Chilli Chutney Recipe
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 250 grams fresh red chillies
- 250 grams sugar
- juice of 2 lemons
- salt to taste
- Wash fresh red chillies and pat them dry. Remove most of the seeds and stem from the chillies and roughly chop them.
- In a bowl, combine chillies, lime juice, sugar and salt and soak for about 2-3 hours.
- Then grind these ingredients in mixer/grinder and make a fine paste.
- Heat a pan and cook this paste till all the moisture evaporates.
- Cool and store in sterilized plastic bottle/container in deep freezer. You can use it as required.
- This chutney can be stored and preserved for months.