Instant Rava Uttapam – Uttapam is a thick savoury pancake, topped with veggies. Unlike usual uttapams, rava/sooji/semolina uttapams can be made quickly and easily. These are a great option for breakfast, brunch, lunch box (be it for kids or for office goers) or for a light dinner.
Enjoy it with juice or a cup of tea.
Do have a look at these Snacks/Starters Recipes:
Instant Rava Uttapam
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 cup semolina/sooji/rava dry roasted
- ¼ cup dahi/curd
- 1 cup water
- salt as required
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mix veggies we have used boiled corn and peas, chopped capsicum
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pepper powder
- pinch of baking soda/eno
- oil for shallow frying
- In a bowl, mix together rava, curd, water and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 20-25 minutes. Batter should not be too thick nor too watery.
- Meanwhile prepare the veggies. Chop onions, tomatoes, capsicum, green chillies and boil corn and peas.
- After 20-25 mins, add onions, tomatoes, all the veggies, chopped green chillies and pepper powder to the batter.
- Just before you start making uttapams, add a pinch of baking soda/eno and mix well.
- Heat non-stick tawa on a medium heat, drizzle a tsp of oil and pour a ladle of batter and spread it lightly. Uttapam should be thick.
- Once the bottom has turned golden brown, drizzle half a tsp of oil over the top and flip the uttapam to the other side.
- When the other side is cooked, remove uttapam from tawa and serve hot with tomato sauce.