Minty Tamarind Cooler | mint and tamarind drink
The taste of this minty tamarind cooler will remind you of the paani puri ka teekha meetha paani. Enjoy this drink on a hot day to beat the heat.
A tangy, sweet and refreshing drink prepared from tamarind and mint leaves. You will love the splash of flavours when you take the first sip – tanginess of tamarind, sweetness of jaggery and the zesty flavour of mint leaves. We have added chaat masala powder just to balance the sweetness of jaggery plus to add a more tangy effect to our drink. If you want, you may also skip adding chaat masala and add lemon juice instead. We have not added many spices and kept this simple.
Mint or pudina is an herb that we should consume on a daily basis by including it in our daily meals because of its various healthy benefits. You can even store and preserve mint leaves by making mint powder. Making mint powder is a simple and easy way to preserve mint leaves. Have a look at our detailed instructions on How to make Dry Mint Powder (Pudina Powder) – Using Microwave & Convection
Health benefits of pudina (mint) leaves
- great for digestion
- helps relieve cough and cold
- gives you a pimple-free skin & many more….
Variations for making Minty Tamarind Cooler :
You can adjust the spices as per your taste and liking. You can also add jaljeera powder to enhance the taste.
If you are looking for more Beverages Recipes, then do have a look at –
Minty Tamarind Cooler
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 tablespoon or lemon sized ball of tamarind/imli
- 1.5 tablespoon jaggery/gur
- 8 -10 mint leaves/pudina
- 1.5 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala
- salt to taste
- ice cubes
- few mint leaves finely chopped
- Combine tamarind and jaggery along with ½ cup of water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
- Stir the mixture and let it cool down completely.
- Once cooled, take the mixture in a blender/mixer jar along with mint leaves and blend to a smooth puree.
- Strain the puree through a strainer adding 1 cup chilled water.
- Now add jeera powder, chaat masala and salt. Stir well.
- Add ice cubes and finely chopped mint leaves in serving glass and pour the prepared drink.
- Serve chilled and enjoy.