Mango Shrikhand | Amrakhand | Aam Shrikhand
Shrikhand is a traditional sweet delicacy prepared from hung curd and flavoured with cardamom (elaichi), saffron (kesar) with nuts added to it for the crunch.
We have also shared the recipe for Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand.
What is hung curd?
Hung curd is nothing but thick and creamy curd without any excess water content in it. So how to make this hung curd. The process is very easy, but we just have to be a little bit patient for it. Take fresh curd/dahi and place it in a muslin cloth or a big handkerchief. Tie it up and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. You will get thick hung curd. This time will depend on how thick or watery is your curd. We would suggest to use fresh and thick curd, so you do not have to wait for long to enjoy this delicacy. Detailed process has been explained in our recipe section.
How to make it with Greek Yogurt?
It is very easy and quick to prepare shrikhand using greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is thick, so you don’t have to hang the curd for making shrikhand.
Just whisk greek yogurt and add the mango puree, cardamom powder, and powdered sugar and our quick shrikhand is ready.
The process of making shrikhand is much quicker and you don’t have to wait after hanging the curd.
Now after hung curd is ready, the process is quick and simple. With just few ingredients, yummy shrikhand will get ready.
You can flavour it with cardamom powder and kesar and enjoy it plain or can add your favourite fruit pulp to it. We have added mango pieces in our shrikhand. You may also add nuts to it.
You can serve this Aam Shrikhand along with piping hot plain puri or masala poori.
For a complete gujarati thali, serve it along with Gujarati Kadhi or Gujarati Dal, Phulka or Masala Poori, Kaju Karela nu Shaak
More Sweets/Desserts Recipes –
Do have a look at our Mango Recipes Collection
4-ingredient mango pudding | eggless, without gelatin – without agar agar
Fajeto – Gujarati Mango Kadhi
Mango Strawberry Popsicles
Strawberry and Mango Chutney
Mango Shrikhand | Amrakhand
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 cups curd/yogurt thick and fresh
- 1/2 cup mango pulp pulp of 1 ripe mango
- 2-3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder/elaichi powder
- 1 ripe mango cut into pieces
- Place yogurt in a muslin cloth and tie its edges.
- Put a strainer on a bowl. Put the tied cloth on a strainer and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours, all the excess water from the curd would have collected in the bowl. Squeeze out all the remaining excess water and transfer the curd to a wide bowl.
- Whisk well with the help of a beater. Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and mango pulp. Stir well.
- Now add mango pieces and mix.
- Garnish it with cardamom powder. Serve this delectable mango shrikhand chilled or at room temperature.
Leave a Reply