Guavas, also known as amrood (in hindi), are one of the richest sources of vitamin c and winter is the season to enjoy this fruit.
All of us must have enjoyed a plateful of guavas sprinkled with chaat masala on top. But, many people avoid eating guava because of its seeds. But with this recipe, you can enjoy the same flavours without worrying about its seeds.
This is a refreshing drink made from guava and lime juice. We have added chaat masala for a tangy flavour. We have used red guava in the recipe. You may also use the regular green guavas as well. Just make sure that the fruit should be ripe and its flesh should be soft.
You may also like our Masala Chaas Recipe.
Other winter recipes on the blog are : Spinach & Tomato Salad, Cabbage & Mogri Stir Fry, Fresh Red Chilli Chutney and Gajar Methi ki Sabzi.
Guava Lime Cooler
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 4 red guavas you may also use green guavas
- 3 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- salt to taste
- 1.5-2 cups water
- Wash and chop the guava in small cubes.
- Place the cubes in mixer/grinder and grind to a smooth pulp. Don’t grind for too long, otherwise you will grind the seeds as well. We only need to grind till we have smooth pulp of the fruit.
- Strain the guava pulp using a strainer, lined on top of a wide bowl. Add about 1 cup of water in the strainer, while straining. Keep on stirring with a spoon, so that smooth pulp is extracted in the bowl.
- You will notice that the seeds will remain in the strainer.
- Now add about ½ to 1 cup chilled water, lime juice, chaat masala, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the juice in glasses and serve immediately. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply