Leftover Roti Chivda Recipe | Recipe From Leftover Chapati
Roti Chivda or chevda is a great way to use leftover chapatis/rotis. It is a quick and tasty snack, that can be prepared with fresh or leftover rotis.
This chivda can also prepared by frying the roti pieces first and then adding all the other ingredients. Instead, we have prepared the chivda in 1 tablespoon oil.
One more way to use leftover rotis is to cut them into square pieces and fry them. Then sprinkle chaat masala and salt over them and your snack is ready.
If you are looking for recipes using leftovers, have a look at these –
If you are looking for more Tea-time Snacks recipes, then do try out these –
Leftover Roti Chivda
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 rotis cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 broken dry red chilli deseeded
- ¼ teaspoon rai/mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon hing/asafoetida
- 8-10 curry leaves/kadi patta
- 1 tablespoon sing/peanuts
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya + jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi powder
- ¼ teaspoon amchur/dry mango powder
- ½ teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds/til
- salt to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan or kadai.
- Add dry red chilli, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once seeds crackle, add curry leaves, hing and peanuts. Saute on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes and then add roti pieces.
- Now add all the dry spice powders one by one – turmeric powder, dhaniya+jeera powder and salt. Mix and saute till roti pieces become crisp.
- Switch off the flame and add amchur powder, powdered sugar and sesame seeds. Also check and adjust the salt level at this stage.
- Remove from flame and let it cool. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy with hot cup of tea/coffee.