Eggless Double Chocolate Cake | eggless chocolate chip cake – a soft and moist eggless chocolate cake loaded with chocolate chips
Chocolate cake is an all-time favourite and what if it’s loaded with some more chocolate i.e. chocolate chips. This recipe requires all the basic ingredients that you can find in your kitchen.
We have prepared this eggless chocolate cake recipe using oil and curd. This will be your favourite recipe for a moist and delicious eggless cake.
You can serve this cake plain or can even decorate it with chocolate ganache. Read our recipe – How to make chocolate ganache
Tips to make the perfect eggless chocolate cake
- Make sure the curd that you use is fresh and not sour. Also, it should be thick. You can use greek yogurt or you can tie curd in a muslin cloth for 1-2 hours.
- We have used odourless cooking oil, but for a healthier option you can use olive oil as well.
- We have used equal proportions of maida and wheat flour. You can prepare this recipe using wheat flour alone, but in that case you will require a little more water than mentioned in the recipe.
More Eggless Baking Recipes on the blog –
Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
Eggless 4 Ingredient Oreo Cake in Pressure Cooker
3 Ingredient Nutella Brownie
Eggless Wheat Apple Cake
Eggless Double Strawberry Cake
Eggless Double Chocolate Cake
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ¾ cup maida/all purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¾ th cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup thick fresh yogurt/curd/dahi
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Sift wheat flour, maida, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt together in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- In a wide bowl, take oil and curd. Whisk well with a beater until light and fluffy.
- To it add powdered sugar. Give a good whisk till sugar gets completely dissolved.
- Now add vanilla essence and whisk well.
- Add all the dry ingredients and gently stir until everything gets mixed well.
- Now gradually add water and mix well to get a lump-free batter. Quantity of water will depend on the type of flour. If you are using only wheat flour then you will require more water. Similarly, if you using only maida, quantity of water will reduce. So add water gradually. Consistency of the batter should be such that it should easily drop from spatula.
- Grease the cake tin with butter and line it with a parchment paper. Pour the batter into the tin. Tap 8-10 times just to level the mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 35-40 minutes. Baking time will vary for every convection. Be alert and check after 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, cake is ready. If it doesn’t come out clean, bake for a few more minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit. Once slightly cooled, invert on a plate.
- Serve and enjoy this yummy Chocolate Cake.
Leave a Reply