Eggless Wheat Apple Cake
Yummy and Healthy Apple Cake prepared from wheat flour. This is a simple and basic tea-time cake, but with the addition of apples. This a great option to serve for hi-tea or to include in your brunch menu.
- Serve plain – at room temperature or warm (micro for 10-20 seconds)
- Warm in microwave for 10-20 seconds and drizzle chocolate sauce over it and serve.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve.
Tips and Suggestions to make Eggless Wheat Apple Cake :
- Baking time depends on your convection. We suggest you remain alert after 30 minutes. You may bake for a few more minutes if the cake is not yet ready. But do conduct a toothpick test after 30 minutes.
- Either grease the tin with oil/butter and dust it with wheat flour. Second way is to spread oil/butter and then line it with parchment paper/baking sheet.
- All the ingredients to be used, should be at room temperature.
- Apple and Cinnamon goes very well together. You can add about ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder in this recipe if you like the flavour.
- You may even add chopped walnuts for the bite.
You may refer to our step-wise tutorial on How to grease a cake tin
More Eggless Baking Recipes on the blog –
Eggless Wheat Apple Cake
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 medium sized apples peeled and chopped into cubes
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup odourless oil
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- Firstly wash the apples, peel and chop them into small cubes. Soak them in a bowl of water, to avoid discoloration.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
- In a wide bowl, combine condensed milk and oil. Whisk well with a beater.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Now add all the dry ingredients in two batches and keep on folding the mixture with a spatula.
- Add chopped apples and milk. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula. First add 1/4 cup milk and then check the consistency and add 1 tablespoon milk as required.
- Grease the cake tin with oil and line it with a parchment paper. Pour the batter into the tin. Tap once or twice just to level the mixture.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes before baking at 180 degrees.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Be alert after 30 minutes. Baking time will slightly vary for each convection. Insert a toothpick or skewer in the centre. If it comes out clean, cake is ready. If not, then again bake for a few minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack. Be careful while unmolding the cake.
- Serve and enjoy this yummy wheat apple cake.