Eggless Wheat Apple Cake
Yummy and Healthy Apple Cake prepared from wheat flour. This is a simple and basic tea-time cake, but with the addition of apples. This a great option to serve for hi-tea or to include in your brunch menu.
- Serve plain – at room temperature or warm (micro for 10-20 seconds)
- Warm in microwave for 10-20 seconds and drizzle chocolate sauce over it and serve.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve.
We are sharing some tips and variations to this recipe to make your baking experience even more wonderful.
Tips and Suggestions to make Eggless Wheat Apple Cake :
- Baking time depends on your convection. We suggest you remain alert after 30 minutes. You may bake for a few more minutes if the cake is not yet ready. But do conduct a toothpick test after 30 minutes.
- Either grease the tin with oil/butter and dust it with wheat flour. Second way is to spread oil/butter and then line it with parchment paper/baking sheet.
- All the ingredients to be used, should be at room temperature.
- Apple and Cinnamon goes very well together. You can add about ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder in this recipe if you like the flavour.
- You may even add chopped walnuts for the bite.
You may refer to our step-wise tutorial on How to grease a cake tin
More Eggless Baking Recipes on the blog –
Eggless 4 Ingredient Oreo Cake in Pressure Cooker
3 Ingredient Nutella Brownie
Eggless Double Strawberry Cake
Eggless Wheat Apple Cake
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 medium sized apples peeled and chopped into cubes
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup odourless oil
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- Firstly wash the apples, peel and chop them into small cubes. Soak them in a bowl of water, to avoid discoloration.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
- In a wide bowl, combine condensed milk and oil. Whisk well with a beater.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Now add all the dry ingredients in two batches and keep on folding the mixture with a spatula.
- Add chopped apples and milk. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula. First add 1/4 cup milk and then check the consistency and add 1 tablespoon milk as required.
- Grease the cake tin with oil and line it with a parchment paper. Pour the batter into the tin. Tap once or twice just to level the mixture.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes before baking at 180 degrees.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Be alert after 30 minutes. Baking time will slightly vary for each convection. Insert a toothpick or skewer in the centre. If it comes out clean, cake is ready. If not, then again bake for a few minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack. Be careful while unmolding the cake.
- Serve and enjoy this yummy wheat apple cake.
Leave a Reply