Dragon Fruit Jam
A beautiful looking and easy jam made from red dragon fruit or pitaya fruit. Dragon fruits have either white flesh or pink/deep magenta-coloured flesh, with tiny edible black seeds similar to that of kiwi fruit. The jam that gets ready with this gorgeous fruit has a different texture from other fruit jams. It has a jelly like texture and its seeds give an extra crunch.
From this dragon fruit jam, you can prepare these no bake, easy and healthy dragon fruit jam tarts, that gets ready with just 3 ingredients. We have used dates for the binding, so as to use less butter.
This dragon fruit jam tastes great with freshly baked homemade bread. This is our tried and tested recipe for basic eggless sandwich bread and it has all purpose flour and whole wheat flour in 50:50 ratio. But if you are a health freak and prefer whole wheat bread, do give this 100% whole wheat bread recipe a try. You can have a look at more Eggless Bread Recipes Collection.
Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit
Apart from scoring high in looks, this fruit has nutritional benefits too. Dragon fruits are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, carotene, protein, calcium and iron. The seeds of dragon fruits are high in polyunsaturated fats (omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids).
Do have a look at our Collection of Eggless Baking Recipes
If you are looking for more Jam recipes, you can also try our Apple and Plum Jam Recipe.
More Sides/Accompaniments recipes on the blog are –
Boiled Peanut Salad
Sweet Potato Raita
Strawberry and Mango Chutney
Dragon Fruit Jam Recipe
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ dragon fruit flesh scooped
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut the dragon fruit into two halves and scoop out the flesh using a spoon. Take scooped flesh in a mixer/grinder and blend to a pulp.
- In a thick bottomed non-stick pan, combine dragon fruit pulp and sugar. Cook on a medium flame and simmer until it has a thick jam like consistency. Keep on stirring occasionally. This will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Once you notice that it has begun to thicken, add lemon juice to it. Stir well and cook for about a minute.
- Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
- Store it in a sterilized jar in refrigerator.
Leave a Reply