Sprouted Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds & Raw Mango SaladBoiled Peanut Salad
A healthy, crunchy and an easy-to-make salad prepared from boiled peanuts and veggies. Peanuts add a crunch to any dish, be it in raw form, roasted or boiled.
We have added veggies to the boiled peanuts and presented the dish in a salad form. But if you want to pack this for a lunch box or tiffin then you can exclude the veggies. Boiled peanuts with a pinch of salt and chaat masala added also taste yummy. They are a great snack option that is filling and healthy. You can add any other veggies of your choice to this salad.
You can either present this salad chilled, at room temperature or warm. If you prefer to serve this as a warm salad, then add the boiled peanuts in the end and serve immediately. You can also boil the peanuts in advance and then microwave them for a few seconds before serving.
More Sides/Accompaniments recipes on the blog are –
Sprouted Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds & Raw Mango Salad
Spinach Tomato Salad
Mooli (Radish) Salad
Raw Mango and Onion Salad
Boiled Peanut Salad
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ cup raw peanuts
- 5-6 spinach leaves washed, stem removed and chopped
- ½ cucumber peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ carrot peeled and cut into cubes
- ¼ capsicum chopped
- ¼ cup black raisins
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Soak peanuts for 15-20 minutes in a bowl of water with a pinch of salt.
- Strain and steam cook the peanuts on high flame for 3 whistles. Then reduce the flame and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let the pressure release completely.
- Peanuts should have a crunch to them. They should not be completely boiled and soft. Set them aside.
- In a wide bowl, combine chopped spinach leaves, carrots, cucumber, capsicum, black raisins and boiled peanuts and mix well.
- Add black pepper powder, chaat masala, lemon juice and salt. Toss well and serve.
- Enjoy this healthy and crunchy salad.
Leave a Reply