Sugar Free Chocolate Sandesh Recipe | healthy sandesh recipe – Bengali sweets are everyone’s favourite. The speciality of sandesh (or sondesh) is that it gets ready very quickly and also requires very few ingredients. It is very easy and quick to make this recipe, if you have paneer/chhena ready. But, here we are sharing this recipe from scratch, so no need to worry.
About This Recipe
Chocolate Sandesh is a twist to the traditional Bengali sweet. Plus this Sandesh recipe has no sugar, so you can enjoy guilt free. There is a mild sweet taste that comes from chocolate chips.
If you like fresh fruits flavour in your sweets, then you can check the recipe of Orange Sandesh. Some more recipes to try with fruits – Apple Kheer, Mango Basundi, Fruit & Nut Custard and Dragon Fruit Jam Tarts.
Do have a look at our 50+ Diwali Sweets & Snacks Recipes Collection
Sugar Free Chocolate Sandesh Recipe | healthy sandesh recipe
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 500 ml milk
- 1-1.5 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate chips (to garnish)
- Heat milk in a thick bottomed pan and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, reduce the flame to low. Add lemon juice gradually and keep stirring. You will notice that slowly milk will curdle and whey will start to separate. If you observe that milk does not curdle, you may add more lemon juice.
- Once whey is separated completely, remove the pan from the flame.
- Line a colander or large sieve with a muslin cloth. Put this over a large vessel. Transfer paneer to the muslin cloth.
- Rinse paneer under running water. Now bring all the edges of the cloth together and tie. Squeeze to remove excess water. Put some weight over it or hang the cloth for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take paneer in flat plate. Mix and knead it for 3-4 minutes. To it add cocoa powder. Knead well with the bottom of your palm for another 3-4 minutes till everything is mixed well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add kneaded paneer mixture. Keep stirring and cooking on a low flame for 3-4 minutes. You will notice that texture has become smooth.
- After 3-4 minutes, switch off the flame and add semi-sweet chocolate chips. Keep the flame off and keep mixing till chocolate melts.
- Transfer to a plate and let it cool down for 5-10 minutes. Knead lightly and make 5 small balls from the mixture. Place chocolate chips in the centre.
- Serve chilled. Keep refrigerated.