Eggless Chocolate Coffee Cake – a rich, flavourful, moist chocolate cake that has a hint of coffee to it
When we combine coffee flavour with chocolate, the end result is yummy and delectable that we can’t resist. Your kitchen will be filled with the aroma of coffee and chocolate while baking this eggless chocolate coffee cake. We have referred to the recipe of basic eggless chocolate cake by Manju Sethia. We have modified the recipe slightly and have also flavoured the cake with coffee powder.
- Serve plain – at room temperature or warm (micro for 10-20 seconds)
- Warm in microwave for 10-20 seconds and drizzle chocolate sauce over it and serve.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve.
- We have served the cake plain, but if you want you can drizzle melted chocolate over the cake and serve.
Tips to make the BEST Chocolate Coffee Cake
- Baking time depends on your convection. We suggest you remain alert after 30 minutes. If the cake does not get ready after 35 minutes, you may bake for a few more minutes.
- Either grease the tin with oil/butter and dust it with flour. Second way is to spread oil/butter and then line it with parchment paper/baking sheet.
- All the ingredients to be used, should be at room temperature.
More Eggless Baking Recipes on the blog –
Eggless Chocolate Coffee Cake
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2.5 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk (or 200 grams or ½ can)
- 100 grams butter
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon fresh curd
- ½ cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- Sift maida, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and instant coffee powder. Keep aside.
- In a wide bowl, combine condensed milk, butter and sugar. Whisk well with a beater till light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence, curd and milk. Mix well.
- Now add the dry ingredients in two batches and keep on folding the mixture with a spatula by cut and fold method.
- Now check the consistency of batter and add about 1-2 tablespoon water. Consistency of the batter should be such that it should easily drop from spatula.
- Grease the cake tin with butter and line it with a parchment paper. Pour the batter into the tin. Tap 4-5 times just to level the mixture.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes before baking at 180 degrees.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees. Be alert after 30 minutes. Baking time will slightly vary for each convection. Insert a toothpick or skewer in the centre. If it comes out clean, cake is ready. If not, then again bake for a few minutes.
- Cover with a cloth and allow the cake to cool. Once slightly cool, invert on a plate and remove parchment paper. Be careful while unmolding the cake.
- Serve and enjoy this yummy Chocolate Coffee Cake.