Corn Capsicum Pulao Recipe
Pulao or Rice dishes are a complete meal and a great choice to pack for lunch box (be it kids’ lunch box or office goers’ lunch box), to include in dinner time menu or as part of a party menu. It is the most common dish, but still loved by all.
Corn and Capsicum Pulao is another variant of vegetable pulao, but instead of mixed vegetables, it has corn and mixed bell peppers added. You can use any of the bell peppers – red, green, yellow or may even choose any two or use all the three colours – choice is yours. Whole spices like bayleaf, cloves, elaichi gives a special aroma and flavour to the recipe. You can adjust the quantity and proportion of corn and capsicum as per your liking.
Serve this delectable corn and capsicum pulao with any raita/sidedish or kadhi. Some of the options we recommend –
Fajeto (Gujarati Mango Kadhi)
Also do check out other Pulao or Rice Varieties Recipes on the blog, like –
Matar Paneer Pulao
Moong Sprouts Pulao
Vegetable Masala Khichdi
Corn Capsicum Pulao
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
Rice & Veggies
- ⅓ cup basmati rice/any long grained rice pressure cook in 2/3 cup water, few drops of ghee and salt
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup corn boiled
- ½ cup chopped capsicum/bell peppers red/green/yellow or any of the combinations
Tempering and other ingredients
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 2 cloves / lavang
- 2 elaichi/cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon / dalchini
- ½ - 1 green chili cut into pieces or finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- pinch of hing/asafoetida
- 8-10 cashews
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder/dhania powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½-1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice for 15-20 mins.
- Cook rice in pressure cooker alongwith water, salt and few drops of ghee. Cook on high flame till 1 whistle. Then reduce the flame and cook for about 10 mins.
- Don’t insert a spoon or fork in the rice, when it’s hot. By doing this, you will end up breaking the rice grains and the rice will get mashed. Let it cool down completely. Once it cools down, fluff it up with a fork.
- Heat oil and butter in a non-stick pan and add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamom. Saute for a minute. Cook on a medium flame.
- Now add jeera. Once it splutters, add green chilli, hing and chopped onions. Sprinkle some salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add mixed chopped capsicum and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add boiled corn and cashews. Mix and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add all the spice powders - dhaniya powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder and salt (be careful while adding salt, as we have already sprinkled salt while frying onions). Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well till the rice gets coated with the spices.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix and serve it with raita/ plain curd/ kadhi and roasted papad. And our pulao is ready.
Leave a Reply