Masala Dahi or Spicy Masala Curd is a tangy spicy Indian dip made with yogurt & tempered with Indian spices, served as a side dish.
It gets ready quickly and goes really well with all kinds of parathas/theplas or as a side dish along with varieties of pulaos.
Masala Dahi Recipe | Spicy Masala Curd Recipe
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 cup curd/dahi
- ½ teaspoon oil
- 1 broken dry red chili deseeded
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds/rai
- pinch of asafoetida/hing
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder/dhania powder
- ¼ teaspoon jeera/cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- Combine curd & salt in a bowl. Whisk well.
- Add red chilli powder, dhaniya powder and jeera powder to the curd and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small tadka pan/kadai and add dry red chilli and mustard seeds.
- When seeds crackle, add hing and switch off the flame.
- Pour the tadka on curd, give a gentle whisk and mix well.
- Spicy & Tangy flavourful masala dahi is ready.
- Serve this masala dahi as an accompaniment along with parathas or vegetable pulao.