Sweet Potato Raita Recipe
Accompaniments or side dishes are very easy-to-make and holds an important place in our meals. Raitas, salads, pickles, the list is endless. This is an easy-to-make and delicious raita prepared using sweet potatoes.
Sweet potatoes or shakarkandi are good source of dietary fiber, vitamin A and potassium. Plus they are often used for making fasting/faraali dishes. There are many dishes that can be prepared using sweet potato – sweet potato wafers, sweet potato sabzi, sweet potato cutlets and many more.
For fasting (vrat) : Team up this raita with Sama Pulao or Sabudana Khichdi
For non-fasting : For regular meals, serve this raita with any Rice Dish or Paratha
More Sides/Accompaniments recipes on the blog are –
Mixed Fruit Raita
Boiled Peanut Salad
Dragon Fruit Jam
Sweet Potato Raita
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 medium sized sweet potato boiled, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup curd/dahi
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- small bunch of coriander leaves chopped
For the tempering
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds/rai
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1 slit green chili
- Steam cook 2 medium sized sweet potatoes. Peel and roughly chop them into small pieces.
- In a wide bowl, combine curd, salt, sugar, chopped sweet potato and coriander leaves. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a small kadai or tadka pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once seeds crackle, add jeera, green chilli and hing. Switch off the flame.
- Immediately pour the prepared tempering on the curd-sweet potato mixture. Mix well.
- Raita is ready. Serve this yummy sweet potato raita as a side dish along with your lunch/dinner.
Leave a Reply