Sweet Corn Soup Recipe | how to make restaurant style sweet corn soup
Sweet corn soup is a tantalizing yet mildly flavoured soup, where the taste mostly comes from natural sweetness of the corn. We have not added any vegetables in this soup, but if you want you can add vegetables like carrots, peas, beans, spring onions or any of your favourite veggies.
This soup gets ready quickly and will be loved by all. You can use fresh corn kernels or can even use frozen corn. But we suggest to use fresh corn, as it will give a fresh taste and flavour to the soup. We have seasoned the soup with pepper and lemon juice, but you may flavour it with any other spices.
Do have a look at our other Soups & Appetizers recipes, like –
Roasted Carrot Soup
Broccoli & Almond Soup
Spinach Cheese Balls
Savoury Zucchini Waffles
Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 medium sized corn cob/Makai or about 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1.5 cups + 1 tablespoon water to blend corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon corn flour + 1 tablespoon water to form a paste
- ½ - 1 teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon black pepper powder or as required
- salt to taste
- Steam cook the corn cob in pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Let it cool completely. Remove the corn kernels. 1 corn cob will yield about 1 cup corn kernels.
- Keep ¼ cup of corn kernels aside and take the remaining kernels in a mixer/grinder jar. Add 1 tablespoon water and blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add the prepared corn paste and saute for about 1-2 minutes on low to medium flame.
- Add 1.5 cups water and mix well. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now in a small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon cornflour with 1 tablespoon water and stir well. Add this paste to the soup and stir. Also add ¼ cup corn kernels that we had set aside. Stir.
- Add salt and pepper powder and stir well and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice and stir. Pour the soup in serving bowl and serve hot.
Leave a Reply