Spinach Soup Recipe | Palak Soup
A very easy, quick and at the same time healthy soup recipe – Spinach Soup. This is our version of this soup and we have not added onions or garlic. This is a very mild flavoured soup with just cloves and bay leaf added for the aroma.
Some tips & variations to make the perfect restaurant style spinach soup:
- To make it more healthy and wholesome, we have added milk and avoided cream. But if you want you may replace milk with water. Alternatively, if you don’t mind some extra calories, you may add cream.
- We have not added pepper powder to our soup and kept it optional. You may add it at the stage where we add salt or else keep it optional at the time of serving, as we did.
- If you don’t want to add cornflour, then replace it with boiled potato. Add about half medium sized boiled potato while grinding spinach. Proceed with the rest of the procedure as it has been mentioned.
If you are looking for more Spinach Recipes, then do have a look at these recipes –
Do have a look at our other Soups & Appetizers recipes, like –
Spinach Soup | Palak Soup
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tej patta / bay leaf
- 2 cloves/laung
- 100 grams palak / spinach leaves washed and chopped
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water + 1 tablespoon water to blend palak
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder optional
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn flour + 1 tablespoon water to dilute
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan and add cloves, bay leaf and chopped spinach. Saute for about 1-2 minutes on a medium flame. You will notice that palak leaves will shrink.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool completely.
- Now remove bay leaf and cloves and transfer the mixture to a mixer/blender jar. Add about 1 tablespoon water and blend to a smooth puree.
- Transfer the blended puree to the same pan and heat on a medium flame.
- Add half cup milk and half cup water (we have taken water into the mixture jar in which we had blended the puree, so that the puree that is stuck in the jar is not wasted, and then added to our soup)
- Now in a small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon cornflour with 1 tablespoon water and stir well. Add this paste to the soup and stir.
- Add salt and let the soup come to a boil. Finally, add sugar, stir well and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from flame. Pour the soup in serving bowl and serve hot garnished with cream and black pepper powder.