Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe – easy, quick and healthy sandwich with a classic combination of spinach and corn cooked in white sauce
For this healthy and delicious spinach and corn sandwich, we have added dried basil and oregano for the flavours, but you can add any of your favourite herbs. The stuffing gets ready very quickly and plus it’s a great way to consume spinach. You can also add grated cheese to the stuffing or can even use cheese slice.
We have kept the sandwich simple and have not applied tomato ketchup or green chutney to bread slices before placing the stuffing. But you may apply chutney or ketchup, if you prefer. You can refer to our recipe for making Green Chutney for chaats and sandwiches. Even few drops of tabasco sauce tastes great.
We always prefer to use homemade breads for sandwiches. Homemade breads are always better as compared to the store bought ones. There are a variety of breads that you can prepare – Basic Sandwich Bread (using half maida and half wheat flour), 100% whole wheat bread, focaccia bread and more. If you are a fan of bread baking at home, then you can have a look at our collection of Bread Recipes
More Sandwich Recipes –
Other breakfast/snacks recipes on the blog are :
Spinach Corn Sandwich
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 tablespoon butter + butter to grill sandwiches
- ½ cup boiled sweet corn
- 100 grams spinach chopped OR (about 1 cup chopped spinach)
- 1.5 teaspoon maida/all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon powdered sugar
- salt to taste
- 4 bread slices
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan and add corn. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt and chopped spinach. Mix and sauté for another 2 minutes. You will notice that the leaves will shrink.
- Then add maida and saute for 1-2 minutes till maida is roasted well. Saute on a medium flame.
- Add milk and keep stirring continuously to avoid any lumps. Cook for about 2 minutes and then add - dried oregano, dried basil, black pepper powder and powdered sugar. Check the salt level and add accordingly. You can adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- Cook till everything gets combined well and the mixture thickens. Mixture will leave the sides of the pan.
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Apply butter on bread slices and spread the prepared spinach corn mixture on bread slices.
- Apply butter on outer portion and grill the sandwiches in a griller/sandwich maker/tava.
- Cut into squares/triangle pieces and enjoy sandwichs with green chutney and tomato ketchup.