Roasted Carrot Soup – a healthy and comforting soup prepared with few ingredients
This roasted carrot soup gets ready quickly – the only time goes in roasting carrots and onions. Rest of the procedure is pretty simple and quick. The soup goes really well with garlic bread (or cheesy garlic bread). You can also accompany it with pizza or pasta.
The soup is very easy-to-make. We just need to chop carrots and onions and half of the work has to be done by oven – roast carrots, onions and celery alongwith olive oil and salt. Puree the roasted veggies and season it with salt and pepper. And we are done.
Do have a look at our other Soups & Appetizers recipes, like –
Roasted Carrot Soup
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 3 large carrots
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil/any cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery + few sprigs more
- 2-2.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- black pepper powder add as per taste
- salt to taste
- Wash, peel and roughly chop the carrots. Also cut onion into cubes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place chopped carrots, onions and celery on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt over them. Mix well and roast in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Toss twice in-between.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Once cooled, take them in a mixer/blender jar and blend smooth adding about 2 cups water.
- Heat soup in a non-stick pan. Check consistency and add water accordingly. Also add salt, pepper powder and chopped celery to taste. Bring soup to a boil.
- In the end, add butter. Mix and remove from flame. Serve hot or warm.