A simple and an all-time favourite North Indian dish made using boiled potatoes and seasoned with flavours of cumin seeds, cumin seeds powder and other spice powders. It gets ready with few ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen.
If you are learning to cook, then it is a great recipe to begin with. Combination of cumin seeds/jeera and potatoes can never go wrong.
We have added cashews in the recipe, to give this dish a crunchy bite.
This dish can be served with phulka rotis or parathas and buttermilk. It can also be served as a side dish along with dal and rice.
If you are looking for more Indian Curry/Sabzi recipes, then do have a look at other recipes on the blog like –
Jeera Aloo Sabzi
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2-3 boiled aloo/potatoes
- 1.5 tablespoon oil
- 1 broken dry red chili deseeded
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- pinch of hing/asafoetida
- 1-2 green chillies finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander/dhaniya powder
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala
- salt to taste
- ½ - 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 5-7 cashews chopped
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add dry red chili and jeera/cumin seeds.
- Once jeera splutters, add hing, green chillies, cashews and potato cubes in it.
- Reduce the flame and add all the spice powders one by one – turmeric powder, cumin seeds/jeera powder, coriander/dhaniya powder, chaat masala and salt. Mix well.
- Keep tossing until potato cubes gets coated well with all the spice mixture.
- Cook for one or two minutes.
- Lastly add lime juice and toss them again.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha or as a side dish along with dal and rice.