Green chutney that is suitable to consume during vrat or fasting. This farali green chutney goes well with vrat ka dhokla, sweet potato cutlets, farali pattice, farali medu vada, vrat ka dahi vada, and other vrat special snacks. This versatile chutney is prepared with a few basic ingredients.
The consistency of the chutney can be adjusted according to your taste and preference, as well as how it will be served.
Ingredients for farali green chutney
The ingredients for this vrat special green chutney are very simple and all the ingredients will be readily available in your pantry.
For this vrat ki green chutney, we have used –
Roasted Peanuts – Instead of roasted peanuts you can also use cashews or coconut
Green Chillies – Adjust chillies as per your taste
Coriander Leaves – You can use a combination of coriander leaves and mint leaves
Black Salt – Skip it if you don’t have it, but it gives a nice tangy flavour
Jaggery – The addition of jaggery gives a mildly sweet, spicy, and tangy taste to the chutney. You can skip it.
Sendha Namak or Regular Salt
How to make Green Chutney for Vrat | Step-by-Step Recipe
In a mixer/grinder, combine green chillies, black salt, sendha namak and peanuts. Grind till everything is coarsely crushed.
Open the lid and scrape the sides once so everything gets evenly mixed.
Now add coriander leaves, jaggery, and lemon juice and blend.
Then gradually add water and blend. Adjust the quantity of water as per the consistency you prefer.
You can serve this green chutney for vrat with any snacks like –
More Vrat Recipes
Green Chutney for Vrat | farali green chutney
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- 2 green chillies
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon black salt
- ⅛ teaspoon sendha namak or regular salt (adjust to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon jaggery
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoon water add water as per the consistency you want
- In a mixer/grinder, combine green chillies, black salt, sendha namak, and peanuts. Grind till everything is coarsely crushed.
- Open the lid and scrape the sides once so everything gets evenly mixed.
- Now add coriander leaves, jaggery, and lemon juice and blend.
- Then gradually add water and blend. Adjust the quantity of water as per the consistency you prefer.