Eggless Gingerbread Cookies | how to make eggless gingerbread man cookies – perfect treat for Christmas, these eggless gingerbread cookies are crisp from the outside, chewy and soft from the inside, spicy and without molasses
Gingerbread cookies are a must-try – not only in terms of eating and enjoying them but also preparing them. We strongly recommend you must involve your kids too while preparing and decorating these cute looking cookies.
You can choose to decorate these cookies with sugar icing. Here, we have just done button markings with skewer and that is also looking absolutely lovely. In this recipe, we have used maida and wheat flour in equal proportions. If you want, you may prepare using 100% maida or 100% wheat flour.
Check our collection of Eggless Baking Recipes
Have a look at these Eggless Christmas Baking Recipes
Eggless Gingerbread Cookies
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ cup maida/all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon all spice powder (or ¼ tsp cloves powder + ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder)
- ¼ cup butter (we have used salted butter, if you are using unsalted butter add pinch of salt)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Firstly, collect all the ingredients and let them come to room temperature.
- In a wide bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and honey. Whisk well till everything gets combined well.
- To this mixture add all the dry ingredients – maida, wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder and all spice powder. Mix well with the help of a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Add milk gradually and knead into a stiff dough. Wrap the dough in a cling wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator and keep it on room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cling wrap and then divide the dough into 2 equal portions with a knife.
- Line a parchment paper on a flat surface and place one portion of the dough and press slightly with your palm. Cover it with another parchment paper and start rolling. Roll out into a big round of medium thickness.
- Remove the top parchment paper and cut out the cookies using the gingerbread man cookie cutter. Use a flat spatula to lift the cookies and arrange them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add the scrapes to the remaining portion of the dough and combine well. Roll it in the same manner and prepare the cookies. Using a skewer, mark buttons on the cookies.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius. Then transfer them on wire rack to cool completely. These cookies will be soft when you take them out of the oven, but they will turn hard once cooled. So do not over bake.
- Once cooled completely, store them in an air-tight container.
- Quantity of milk in the recipe will vary according to the flour quality. Also, if you are using maida only then you will need less milk and similarly if you are using wheat flour then milk will be required little more.
- Quantity of cookies will vary as per the size of mould.