Eggless Dates & Walnut Cake | no eggs no butter | easy eggless dates cake recipe
This cake is a yummy and healthy treat for all. It has goodness of dates and walnuts, plus we have used brown sugar instead of regular white granulated sugar. If you want to make it healthier you can use olive oil; otherwise any cooking oil works. This is a simple and quick to assemble tea-time cake. Also a great option to serve for hi-tea or to include in your brunch menu.
Tips to prepare healthy eggless date and walnut cake
- Baking time depends on your convection. The cake has to be baked for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees. We suggest you remain alert after 30 minutes.
- You may bake for a few more minutes if cake is not ready after the mentioned baking time.
- Either grease the tin with oil/butter and dust it with flour. Second way is to spread oil/butter and then line it with parchment paper/baking sheet and again apply oil/butter on the paper.
- All the ingredients to be used, should be at room temperature.
- If you like more nuts in your cake, you can also add chopped almonds and cashews to the batter as well.
More Eggless Baking Recipes on the blog –
Eggless Orange Pound Cake
Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
Eggless 4 Ingredient Oreo Cake in Pressure Cooker
3 Ingredient Nutella Brownie
Eggless Wheat Apple Cake
Eggless Double Strawberry Cake
Eggless Dates & Walnut Cake
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour/gehun ka atta
- ½ cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 20 dates deseeded
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- Take ¼ cup milk in a microwave safe bowl and micro for about 20-30 seconds. You can also heat milk on a medium flame. Soak dates in it and set aside for about 30 minutes or till dates become soft. If you are using black dates, they will soften quickly.
- Take soaked dates in a mixer jar along with 1/3 cup brown sugar and grind to a fine paste.
- Now take this dates paste in a wide bowl. To it, add remaining ½ cup milk and oil and whisk well.
- Now sieve and add all the dry ingredients - maida, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt. Mix well till everything gets combined well.
- Gradually add about ¼ cup water to get a batter of pouring consistency. Also add chopped walnuts and mix.
- Grease the cake tin with butter and line it with a parchment paper. Pour the batter into the tin. Tap 8-10 times to level.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes before baking at 180 degrees.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees. Be alert after 30 minutes. Baking time will slightly vary for each convection. Insert a toothpick or skewer in the centre. If it comes out clean, cake is ready. If not, then again bake for a few minutes.
- Cover with a cloth and allow the cake to slightly cool. Once slightly cool, invert on a plate and remove parchment paper. Be careful while unmoulding the cake.
- Serve and enjoy this yummy Dates Walnut Cake.
Leave a Reply