Healthy Chocolaty Dates and Nuts Energy Bars
Healthy Chocolaty Dates and Nuts Energy Bars are the no-bake Energy Bars that are easy to make and very nutritious too. Dates are an excellent source of iron, potassium and are also rich in minerals like calcium, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
These bars are a great healthy snack option for kids. Dates, Honey and Chocolate acts as a binder and also sweeten the bars without adding any extra sugar. They are perfect to add to your child’s snack box or to keep as tea-time treat too. Addition of muesli makes it healthy and chocolate makes these bars even more tempting for kids. We have coarsely crushed the nuts, but if you want you can crush them finely.
These energy bars can be stored and eaten as a snack in between your meals or any other time to satisfy your sweet cravings.
If you are looking for healthy sweets, you may also like :
Chocolate Energy Bars with Dates and Nuts Recipe
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1/2 cup dates OR 15-20 dates
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup muesli
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast the nuts. We have used almonds and cashews. Set them aside to cool. Once cooled, grind them coarsely.
- In the same pan, heat ghee and add dates. Cook them for about 2-3 minutes or till they turn soft. Remove from flame and allow to cool. Grind dates in a food processor/grinder until coarsely done.
- Meanwhile take chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about a minute or till it melts.
- Take crushed dates and nuts in a wide bowl. Add muesli, honey and melted chocolate. Mix everything well with a spoon.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to a dish/ pan lined with parchment paper or a greased dish. Press down until uniformly flattened. Let it set in the refrigerator for 25 to 30 minutes to harden.
- Cut them into even bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.