Indian Style Masala Pasta | how to make masala pasta recipe – Pasta Indiano is our Indian version of pasta. As the name suggests, we have added Indian flavours to this recipe, but at the same time tried to retain its original taste. This recipe can be made quickly and does not require any kind of pre-preparations. It’s a great option for kids lunch box or perfect for dinner.
You can add your favorite veggies to it. We have used fusilli pasta, but you can use any of the available pasta types.
More Snacks Recipes on the blog –
Pesto Pasta with homemade Basil Pesto
Moong Dal Paratha
Onion Rava Paniyaram
Baked Nutty Beetroot Tikkis
Besan Chilla with Carrot Paneer Stuffing
Spinach Corn Sandwich
Indian Style Masala Pasta | how to make masala pasta recipe
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
For Cooking Pasta
- 1 cup pasta
- 3 cups water
- few drops of oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 broken dry red chilli deseeded
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced or finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- ¼ capsicum chopped
- 1/3 cup mixed boiled veggies peas, corn and carrot
- ¼ teaspoon pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano or 1/4 teaspoon ajwain/carom seeds
- ¼ teaspoon paprika or 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2-3 tablespoon tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup grated processed cheese
- In a deep pan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add salt and few drops of oil to it. Add the pasta and cook till al dente i.e. cook pasta till they are 90-95% cooked.
- Alternatively, you can also cook pasta in microwave. In a micro safe bowl, take 3 cups water and micro for about a minute. Add pasta, salt and few drops of oil and cook covered for 10-12 mins.
- Drain the cooked pasta and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add dry red chili, garlic and onions.
- Saute for about 1-2 mins.
- Now add the tomatoes and saute till they become pulpy.
- Add capsicum, boiled peas,corn & carrot, salt, pepper powder, oregano and tomato ketchup and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add paprika or red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss gently. Saute in low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve. Add grated cheese and enjoy this yummy pasta.
- Serve this pasta hot.
Leave a Reply