This recipe is our vegetarian version of Thai-style sweet and spicy pineapple fried rice. Some of the traditional versions of this recipe uses meat (chicken, shrimp, crab and likely), eggs, vegetable stock or fish stock, and curry powder. We have made this recipe simple and easy to follow and is prepared with ingredients that are easily available.
An interesting part about this recipe is the blend of sweet and spicy flavours.
Make sure your ingredients are ready to go before you get started, because this recipe gets ready quickly.
Also do check out other Rice Varieties Recipes on the blog, like –
Pineapple Fried Rice
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ cup chopped pineapple cubes
- ¼ capsicum chopped
- ¼ cup green peas
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup dry fruits we have used raisins and chopped cashews
- small bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
- Lets prepare the veggies first. Chop pineapples, onion, capsicum and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add green chillies and onions. Sprinkle pinch of salt and saute for about a minute.
- Now add green peas, capsicum and dry fruits and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, sugar, pepper powder and garam masala powder and salt (we have sprinkled pinch of salt while frying onions, so add accordingly) and mix well.
- Then add cooked rice, pineapple cubes, coriander leaves and lime juice.
- In the end add butter and give a quick stir. Don’t stir much, because by doing so, there are chances that rice grains may break. Remove from flame.
- Serve the rice with your favourite raita or plain curd/dahi.