Paneer Tikka Recipe | how to make paneer tikka on tava/non-stick pan – make restaurant style Paneer Tikka at home with this easy recipe without oven
Paneer tikka is one of the most popular appetizers of North Indian cuisine. Traditionally paneer tikka is grilled in a tandoor but we will be using non-stick pan to grill our paneer tikka.
In this recipe, it is very important to marinate paneer cubes and other vegetables in hung curd and spices. You can serve paneer tikka with mint-coriander chutney.
What is Paneer Tikka?
Paneer tikka is an Indian appetizer prepared by marinating paneer cubes in spices and yogurt. It is then grilled in a tandoor. The key to a restaurant style paneer tikka lies in its marinade.
Paneer tikka marinade has –
hung curd / greek yogurt
ginger garlic paste
spice powders (cumin/jeera + coriander/dhaniya powder, garam masala/ kitchen king masala, chaat masala)
How to prepare paneer tikka without skewers?
- If you don’t have skewers, then you can use toothpicks. For that, try and arrange about 2-3 pieces on it (eg. One bell pepper, one paneer cube and one tomato). Then you can roast it on tava.
- Alternatively, you can arrange all the marinated stuff on greased tava/non-stick pan and keep flipping them till done.
Making Paneer Tikka in non-stick pan
Spread little oil on a flat pan/tawa and place the skewers on it.
Keep rotating the skewers to ensure even cooking, and keep them on heat till the marination and the paneer cubes and veggies are done well. When ready, the coating of the paneer tikka will be dry and the cubes will start to turn brown from the edges.
If you are looking for more Soups & Appetizers recipes, do have a look at these –
Paneer Tikka Recipe | how to make paneer tikka on tava/non-stick pan
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ cup hung curd
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste (or can also use grated ginger & garlic)
- 2 teaspoon cumin/jeera + coriander/dhaniya powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala/ kitchen king masala
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- few mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil + 2 tablespoon more for cooking
- 200 grams paneer, cut into big cubes
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- ½ green capsicum/bell pepper, cut into cubes
- ½ red capsicum/bell pepper, cut into cubes
- ½ yellow capsicum/bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 tomato, deseeded and cut into cubes
- Take hung curd in a wide bowl and whisk well until smooth.
- Add all the ingredients for marination to the yogurt- ginger garlic paste, dhaniya+jeera powder, kitchen king masala, chaat masala, salt, lemon juice, chopped mint leaves and 1 teaspoon oil. Mix everything well.
- Now add paneer cubes, onion, tomato and bell peppers.
- Mix well till the paneer cubes and veggies are well coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Soak skewers in water for about 15-20 minutes. Pat them dry.
- After 1 hour, take the marinated paneer and veggies out of the refrigerator. Take a skewer and arrange paneer, onion, tomato and peppers on a skewer, alternating with each other.
- Spread little oil on a flat pan/tawa and place the skewers on it.
- Keep rotating the skewers to ensure even cooking, and keep them on heat till the marination and the paneer cubes and veggies are done well. When ready, the coating of the paneer tikka will be dry and the cubes will start to turn brown from the edges.
- Serve paneer tikka hot along with mint-coriander chutney.