Kasuri Methi refers to dried methi leaves (Fenugreek leaves). It is used as a condiment for flavouring various curries and subzis. Now a days, you can easily get kasuri methi from the market. But you can make this by yourself too. It is a simple process. Plus homemade spices and condiments are fresh, pure and hygienic. So lets have a look at this process with step wise pictures. For more detailed instructions, you can also watch our video on how to make kasuri methi at home:
More Kitchen Basics and Tips –
How to clean copper bottle
How to preserve curry leaves
How to make frozen peas at home
How to make Breadcrumbs
How to preserve and store Methi Leaves
Homemade Vrat ka atta (farali flour)
Homemade Spring Roll Sheets
How to make Kasuri Methi at home
- 1 bunch fresh fenugreek leaves (methi leaves)
- Remove leaves from the stem and soak them in salt water for 10 minutes. Then wash them well.
- Spread them on a kitchen towel and pat them dry.
- Roughly chop the leaves. Spread methi leaves on a newspaper or parchment paper and dry for 3 days. Put them in such a way that they do not get directly exposed to sunlight.
- Once they are dried, pass through a sieve to make sure no dust stays on the leaves.
- Now put the leaves in a microwave safe plate and microwave for 1 min, stirring once after 30 seconds. Allow to cool completely. Ahaa…Home made Kasuri Methi is ready. You can crush the leaves with hands or leave them whole. Store them in an air tight container or zip lock bag in a cool dry place away from moisture and humidity.
- STORAGE: You can store Kasuri Methi at room temperature for about a month in a cool dry place. Later, you can transfer it to refrigerator for longer shelf life. It stays good in refrigerator for about 6 months.
Steps on how to make kasuri methi at home:
Leave a Reply