Dahi ki Kadhi Recipe | Rajasthani Besan ki Kadhi
Kadhi is a great comfort food to serve with steamed rice or khichdi/pulao. There are many variations to this dish – we have pakora kadhi, gujarati kadhi, vegetable kadhi, the list is endless. As compared to Gujarati Kadhi, this dahi ki kadhi has a thick consistency. This recipe gets ready quickly and is great to serve with any rice dish.
Don’t forget to add curry leaves in the kadhi, as they enhance the flavour of this recipe. You may refer to our tip on How to preserve and store curry leaves for months
You may try our various Dal/Kadhi recipes, like –
Fajeto (Gujarati Mango Kadhi)
Dahi ki Kadhi
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1.5 cups buttermilk for preparing buttermilk, take curd and water in equal proportions
- 1.5 tablespoon besan / gram flour / chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon turmeric / haldi
- ½ teaspoon dhaniya + jeera powder
- salt to taste
- small bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
For the tempering:
- 1.5 teaspoon oil
- 1 broken dry red chilli desseded
- ¼ teaspoon rai/mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 green chili cut into 2 pieces or chopped
- ¼ teaspoon hing/asafoetida
- 4-5 methi dana / fenugreek seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- In a wide bowl combine besan and ½ cup buttermilk. Whisk well to form a lump free batter. Now add remaining 1 cup buttermilk, turmeric and salt and mix well.
- For the tempering, heat oil in a pan, add dry red chilli and mustard seeds.
- Once seeds crackle, add cumin seeds, green chilli, methi dana, curry leaves and hing. Mix well. If you notice that the flame is too high, switch it off for a few minutes.
- Now add besan-buttermilk batter and stir. Boil for 5 minutes. You will notice that kadhi has started becoming thick. Now add dhaniya + jeera powder and boil for 2 minutes.
- You can adjust the consistency of kadhi as per your preference.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves. Serve dahi kadhi with steamed rice or phulka rotis.
Leave a Reply