Chikoo and Dates Smoothie | sapota khajur milkshake – This is a very quick and nutritious beverage prepared from dates (khajur) and chikoo (sapota).
It is perfect to satisfy your mid-time hunger cravings, plus its healthy too. Enjoy this healthy beverage anytime of the day to satisfy your hunger cravings.
We have not added any sweetner to this smoothie, since dates and chikoo have their own natural sweetness. But you can add little honey or drizzle honey on top for extra sweetness.
Are dates good for smoothies?
Dates are perfect to add for your smoothies, since they act as a natural sweetener and they help to thicken your smoothies. So, if you like dates taste, then do add dates to your smoothies.
When should you eat Chikoo?
Bananas or Chikoos are great fibre rich fruits to had as a pre or post workout meal. So, this smoothie perfect to satisfy your mid-time hunger cravings.
How do you blend dates smoothly?
Soak dates in 1-2 tablespoon warm milk for about half an hour. This step is optional if you are using black soft dates. But in case you are using brown & slightly hard dates, soaking is recommended. And in case you want perfectly blended dates, soaking is highly recommended for any variety of dates.
Do have a look at Beverages Recipes on our blog –
Chikoo and Dates Smoothie | sapota khajur milkshake
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 chikoo / sapota, chopped
- 2 dates / khajur, deseeded
- ½ cup milk
- honey (if required)
- Soak dates in 1-2 tablespoon warm milk for about half an hour. This step is optional if you are using black soft dates. But in case you are using brown & slightly hard dates, soaking is recommended.
- In a mixer/blender jar, combine chopped chikoo, soaked dates, milk and honey (if adding).
- Blend to a smoothie. Pour and serve. This recipe serves 1 person.