Whole Wheat Ladi Pav Buns | without yeast, in pressure cooker – These are easy-to-make pav buns or ladi pav recipe that is without yeast. Yes you heard it right!!! These buns have no yeast added and so this process is kind of quick as compared to the usual buns. Since this requires less kneading plus proofing time is reduced to 10 minutes. So, in a nutshell, these buns are:
– without yeast
– baked in pressure cooker
– prepared from wheat flour
Do have a look at our 10 TIPS TO MAKE THE PERFECT BREAD + FAIL PROOF BASIC SANDWICH BREAD RECIPE
Have a look at other Baking Recipes on our blog.
Whole Wheat Ladi Pav Buns without yeast in pressure cooker
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour (or 300 grams wheat flour)
- 2 tablespoon oil + 1 teaspoon oil for kneading
- ½ cup milk (or 100 ml milk)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon water (about 60-70 ml)
To be mixed together
- 2 tablespoon curd/dahi
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pass wheat flour through a very fine sieve. Take it in a large bowl & set aside.
- In a small bowl, take curd, sugar and salt. Mix. To it add baking powder and baking soda.
- Wait for 2 minutes, till the mixture becomes frothy. Once you see the froth, add this to wheat flour and mix.
- Now add milk and water. First add ¼ cup water, if need be then add remaining 1 tablespoon water.
- Then add 2 tablespoon oil and knead well, till the dough absorbs all the oil. At this stage, dough will be sticky.
- Now take the dough on a flat surface, sprinkle some wheat flour and knead for about 5 minutes. Keep adding oil while kneading, you should add atleast 1 teaspoon oil.
- Now when you notice that dough is no longer sticking, grease your palm with oil and divide the dough in 5 equal portions and make balls.
- Arrange balls on a greased tin. Keep some distance between them. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
Pre-heating pressure cooker
- Remove the whistle and gasket from the lid of pressure cooker. Add salt in the base of the cooker and spread it with hands. Salt should be enough to cover the base of cooker.
- Cover it with lid and let it pre-heat on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
Baking Ladi Pav Buns
- After 10 minutes, apply butter over buns.
- Open the lid of pressure cooker, put a stand at the bottom and place our tin containing pav buns on it.
- Close the lid and bake on medium heat for about 30-40 minutes. Baking time will vary as per the size of cooker and size of baking tin. Check after 30 minutes.
- Remove the tin and again apply butter over baked pav buns. Cover with a cloth and let it cool. Once cooled, remove and separate the buns.
- Ladi Pav Buns are ready.