Mixed Fruit Raita | quick and easy fruit raita recipe – a very simple and easy-to-make raita or accompaniment that you can team up with any of your meals or can even consume with fasting (vrat) meals
You will just need few basic ingredients and raita is ready. You can also consume this during your vrat or fasting.
What are the benefits of eating curd and fruits together?
Curd or Yogurt and fruits, when consumed together have a lot of health benefits. This raita can have both the health benefits – prebiotic and probiotic. Fruits are an excellent source of antioxidants and prebiotic fibers, which promotes digestive health. Curd or Yogurt is a good source of dairy protein, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B12 and key fatty acids. In addition, it contains beneficial bacterial cultures, making it a potential source of probiotics.
Tips & Variations :
We have seasoned this raita with jeera powder, chaat masala and salt. But you can add your favourite spices to this, like red chilli powder or can even temper this raita with little oil and mustard seeds.
For fasting (vrat) : Team up this raita with Sama Pulao or Sabudana Khichdi
For non-fasting : For regular meals, serve this raita with any Rice Dish
More Sides/Accompaniments recipes on the blog are –
Sweet Potato Raita
Mixed Fruit Raita | quick and easy fruit raita recipe
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ cup curd/dahi, fresh and thick
- ½ cup mixed chopped fruits (we have used banana, apple and strawberries)
- 8-10 raisins
- few mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds powder
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala
- ¼ teaspoon sugar (optional, adjust to taste)
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, take curd and whisk well.
- Then add jeera powder, chaat masala, salt, sugar (if adding), raisins and chopped mint leaves. Keep this refrigerated.
- Just before serving, add chopped fruits and mix.
- Serve this delicious raita chilled.
Leave a Reply