Microwave Gajar Ka Halwa without Khoya (Mawa) | easy carrot halwa recipe
Gajar Ka Halwa is a very popular Indian sweet. It is very easy to prepare this halwa in microwave. Traditionally khoya (or mawa) is added while preparing this halwa. But we have not used khoya (or mawa) and added milk powder instead.
So this one is a quick and easy-to-make microwave gajar halwa with milk powder.
If you like to make quick recipes using microwave, then do have a look at some of these recipes –
Microwave Kaju Katli in 2 minutes
Besan Dry Fruits Ladoo in Microwave in just 7 minutes
Puran Poli (learn how to make puran in microwave)
We have used Microwave Oven of 900 Watts capacity. Cooking time will vary as per the capacity of the microwave. For the first time, we suggest to keep checking and stirring. Keep checking and cook till carrots are cooked completely and all the milk gets absorbed.
Do have a look at our other Sweets/Desserts Recipes –
Microwave Gajar Ka Halwa without Khoya (Mawa)
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 big carrots grated (or about 2 cups grated carrots)
- 1.5 teaspoon ghee
- ¾ cup milk or 150 ml
- 3-4 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup milk powder
- chopped nuts for garnishing
- In a deep microwave safe bowl, combine ghee and grated carrots. Mix well and microwave on HIGH power (900 Watts) for 2 minutes. Stir after 1 minute.
- Take out the bowl and mix. Now add milk, mix and micro on MEDIUM power (600 Watts) for 6 minutes, stirring in-between.
- Now, add milk powder and sugar. You can adjust sugar as per taste. Mix well and micro on MEDIUM power (600 Watts) for about 12 minutes, stirring in-between after every 2-3 minutes.
- Keep checking and cook till carrots are cooked completely and all the milk gets absorbed. Cooking time will vary as per the capacity of the microwave. For the first time, we suggest to keep checking and stirring after 2-3 minutes.
- Take out the bowl and serve this halwa hot or at room temperature. Garnish with chopped nuts.
Leave a Reply