Eggless Double Strawberry Cake Recipe | easy strawberry cake recipe
A cake that has strawberry puree inside and is also topped with strawberries. This cake not only looks good with halved strawberries on top, but it also tastes yum. So this is a yummy and delicious cake that is :
- loaded with strawberries
You must be wondering that though it has strawberry puree inside it, then why is it not pink in colour. That is because we have not added any food colour to our batter. But, if you prefer, you may add a few drops of pink/red food colour. But we suggest to keep it natural as the way it is.
Some Tips and Suggestions to make the BEST Eggless Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Baking time depends on your convection. We suggest you remain alert after 25 minutes.
- You may bake for a few more minutes if cake is not ready.
- Either grease the tin with oil/butter and dust it with flour. Second way is to spread oil/butter and then line it with parchment paper/baking sheet and again apply oil/butter on the paper.
- All the ingredients to be used, should be at room temperature.
You may refer to our step-wise tutorial on How to grease a cake tin
More Eggless Baking Recipes on our blog :
Whole Wheat Chocolate Ombre Cake
Eggless Double Chocolate Cake
Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
Eggless Orange Pound Cake
Eggless Wheat Apple Cake
Eggless Double Strawberry Cake
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 3/4 cup maida/all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar + 1 teaspoon powdered sugar to sprinkle on strawberries before baking
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup curd
- ¼ cup strawberry puree 3 to 4 strawberries, blended to a pulp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8-10 strawberries halved
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and clean strawberries. Cut 8-10 strawberries into half.
- Take about 4 strawberries in a mixer jar and blend to a puree.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- In a wide bowl, combine the butter and 1/3 cup sugar. Whisk well with a beater until light and fluffy.
- Now add curd, strawberry puree and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture gradually and gently stir until everything gets mixed well.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake tin and arrange the halved strawberries on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon powdered sugar over the strawberries and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 30-40 minutes. Be alert and check after 25 minutes. Baking time will vary for every Convection.
- Remove from oven and insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, cake is ready. If it doesn’t come out clean, bake for a few more minutes.
- Let it cool completely. Remove on a plate.
- Serve and enjoy this delectable Strawberry Cake.
Leave a Reply