Eggless Cranberry Cookies
Our first recipe in the Eggless Baking series and why not start with a cookie recipe that is made from wheat flour. Yes…these are Cookies made from whole wheat flour and dried cranberries. We tried this recipe with whole wheat flour and the result was great. We were happy with the texture of the cookies.
Some tips to make these Eggless Cranberry Cookies perfectly:
- Mix butter and sugar together till it turns light and fluffy. You can see the consistency and texture in our video recipe below.
- Make sure you knead a stiff dough and refrigerate the dough, covered, for atleast 30 minutes before you roll it. Otherwise it would be difficult to roll out the dough.
- Baking time depends on your Convection. We suggest you remain alert after 10 minutes or set a timer for 10 minutes. If the cookies does not get ready after 15 minutes, you may bake for a few more minutes.
- All the ingredients used for making these cookies, should be at room temperature.
- You may also add roasted almonds to them.
More Eggless Baking recipes on the blog –
Whole Wheat and Jaggery Chocolate Chip Cookies
Eggless Checkerboard Cookies
Eggless Gingerbread Cookies
Eggless Date and Walnut Cake
Eggless Orange Pound Cake
Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
Eggless Cranberry Cookies
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour/gehun ka atta
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 50 grams butter
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- Firstly, collect all the ingredients and let them come to room temperature.
- Sift wheat flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Keep aside.
- In a wide bowl, combine butter and sugar. Mix well till light and fluffy.
- Now add vanilla essence to it and mix well.
- To this add the flour mix gradually. Mix well with the help of a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Now add dried cranberries and knead into a stiff dough adding 1 tablespoon milk. If need be then add another 1 tablespoon milk or as required.
- Now cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a semi thick round shape.
- Cut out your desired shape cookies from the dough.
- Collect the remaining dough and again roll it. Again cut it into cookie shape.
- Place a baking sheet/parchment paper on a baking tray and put the cookies on it.
- Bake the cookies at 180°C for 10 - 15 mins or till you see some light brown corners.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.