Dates, Nuts & Fig Rolls | Khajoor Anjeer Rolls
An easy-to-make and healthy sweet that you can enjoy guilt free. These are sugar free dates, nuts and fig rolls. There is no need to add any extra sugar because of the natural sweetness of dates and figs. This recipe is a very quick & simple version and requires very few ingredients.
This is a versatile recipe – you can make this sweet into your favourite shape, you can make dates and nuts ladoos or spread the mixture on a greased plate and cut it into squares or form a cylindrical roll and cut into slices, just as we have done. Also, you may choose to add your favourite nuts. We have added almonds and cashews to these rolls.
You may either roughly chop the nuts or crush them to a coarse powder in a food processor. We have tried both the ways. When we made these rolls at first, we crushed the nuts in a food processor. If you are adding powdered nuts, the colour of your rolls will turn out to be light brown. You won’t get the natural colour of dates and figs – dark brown. But you may proceed with that if you do not like the pieces of nuts while enjoying the sweet.
If you are looking for healthy sweets, you may also like :
Almond and Walnut Bites
Healthy Chocolaty Dates and Nuts Energy Bars
Dates, Nuts & Fig Rolls
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 teaspoon ghee/clarified butter
- 18-20 dates/khajoor
- 6-8 figs/anjeer
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts dry roasted (we have used cashews and almonds)
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast the nuts. Set them aside to cool. Once cooled, grind them coarsely. You may also chop them.
- In the same pan, heat ghee and add dates and figs. Saute for about 2-3 minutes or till they turn soft. Remove from flame and allow to cool. Grind them in a food processor/grinder until coarsely done.
- In a wide bowl, combine date and fig mixture and roasted crushed nuts. Mix well and knead into a dough like ball.
- Shape the dough into a cylindrical roll. Cut into slices.
- These sugar-free healthy rolls can be stored for upto a week.
Leave a Reply