Crispy Baked Cheese Sticks | cheese fingers | crispy cheese sticks – an easy-to-make baked snack that you can munch on anytime of the day
You can store them in an air-tight container and they are great to have with tea/coffee. You can serve them as an appetizer too, along with chutneys and dips.
- We have used maida and wheat flour in equal proportions, but if you want you can use maida or wheat flour.
- We have seasoned these sticks with oregano. You can add any of your favourite seasonings.
- Instead of cutting them in sticks form, you can cut them with a cookie cutter also.
- Use chilled butter cut into small cubes
You may have a look at our Breakfast/Snacks Recipes –
Crispy Baked Cheese Sticks
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ cup maida/all purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup grated processed cheese
- 50 grams chilled butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1-2 tablespoon milk
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a wide bowl, combine maida, wheat flour, oregano, salt and chilled butter. Mix and rub with fingers to get a texture like that of bread crumbs.
- Now add grated processed cheese and mix.
- Knead into a stiff dough by adding milk gradually.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions and make 2 big round balls.
- Roll into a circle of medium thickness and cut sides. You can add cut sides to the remaining dough.
- Now cut thin long strips. Arrange strips on baking tray. Repeat the same process for the remaining dough.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Baking time depends on your convection. We suggest you remain alert after 25 minutes.
- Once cooled, store in an air-tight container.