Moong Sprouts Pulao | sprouts pulav recipe
Moong Sprouts Pulao is another variant of pulao, with the addition of moong sprouts along with mixed vegetables. You can add any of your favourite veggies. Addition of moong sprouts not only makes the pulao healthy, but it also makes the dish filling.
This is a one-pot recipe and ideal to pack for lunch box or to serve for evening dinner. In comparison to the usual vegetable pulao, this recipe requires less quantity of rice as we are also adding moong sprouts. You can vary the proportion of rice and sprouts as per your liking.
We have added butter, but that is completely optional. Also if you have sprouts lying in your fridge then you can add them to any of your recipes or can even add chopped onions, tomatoes, lemon juice and serve.
Serve this healthy and delicious moong sprouts pulao with any dal/kadhi or raita/side dish –
Fajeto (Gujarati Mango Kadhi)
Also do check out other Rice Varieties Recipes on the blog, like –
Matar Paneer Pulao
Vegetable Masala Khichdi
Moong Sprouts Pulao
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below and give us a 5★ rating
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ¼ cup basmati rice/any long grained rice
- ¾ cup green moong sprouts
- 1 medium sized potato washed, peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ medium sized carrot peeled and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup corn
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- pinch of hing/asafoetida
- ½ - 1 slit green chili
- 2 cloves/lavang/laung
- 2 cardamom/elaichi
- small cinnamon stick/dalchini
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder/dhaniya powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala
- salt to taste
- small bunch of coriander leaves chopped
- Wash and soak rice for 15-20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Wash moong sprouts, drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil and butter on a medium flame and add jeera. Once it splutters, then add hing, green chilli, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick and potato cubes. Mix, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add carrots, green moong sprouts and corn. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add all the spice powders - dhaniya powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala and salt. Mix and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soaked and drained rice and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 1.5 cups water, cover and cook till moisture absorbs.
- In the end, add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve pulao hot with curd or your favourite raita and papad.
Leave a Reply